Dental Implants - Like Growing New Teeth
Ideally you should be able to enjoy your teeth for a lifetime. But if you have already lost some you should know about dental implants. Implants virtually let you grow new teeth! They can bring renewed ability to chew and speak properly, restore a more natural facial appearance, preserve the natural bone structure, prevent shifting of teeth, and reduce gum problems and infections. But probably the greatest benefit they bring is a greater sense of confidence and reassurance, especially on important social events. Dental implants are the greatest advancement in over 1,500 years of dentistry. Once you place an implant you will never get a cavity on that tooth.
Why choose Dental implants over other treatments?
- Dental implants are the next best thing to your real teeth. An implant will restore your lost tooth and make it look and feel like your natural tooth. Dental implants are the most natural solution for replacing teeth. Other options would lead to bone deterioration, and could interfere with eating, smiling and speaking.
- Dental implants are strong and stable. They are built to last as a long term solution. Traditional tooth supported bridges can last more than 10 years, but at some point may need to be replaced. Implants can last a lifetime when properly cared for.
- Eat your favorite foods, you can bite naturally and eat what you want without hesitation. Removable dentures can be uncomfortable as you have to reposition them while eating. With dental implants you can experience the full taste of the food you eat.
- With dental implants you can keep your teeth in your mouth and not in a cup. Dental implants prevent dentures from slipping when you eat, talk, smile or cough. Dental implants fuse naturally with your jawbone so your replacement teeth won't move, click or shift. The effectively lock your teeth in place for more confident chewing.
- Enjoy life without worrying about your teeth loosening. Feel confident and comfortable in public with a beautiful natural smile. Adjusting to removable dentures can make pronouncing everyday words difficult. This is not the case with dental implants.
- Retain the natural shape of your face and smile. People's faces who are missing teeth can sag and look sunken and sad. Dental implants can allow you to maintain the natural shape of your face. A tooth restored with a dental implant is the next best thing to a natural healthy tooth. They usually last longer but cost about the same as other treatments. Dental implants usually cost less then bridges over the long term. This is because the bridge over natural teeth will have to be replaced over time. Implants are better with overall patient satisfaction.
- Your teeth affect everything from smiling and confidence, your ability to eat, speak and participate in activities you enjoy. Dental implants are the best option to restore missing teeth, and an investment well worth considering.